The first band saw was built in 1712. The sawmill was rebuilt in 1870 by the local farmers, Stueflotten, Nystuen and Nedre Brøste. In 1917, Nedre Brøste took over the sawmill. The sawmill was newly rebuilt during the summer of 2008. An undershot wheel powers the sawmill, a type of wheel which was commonly used within our borders during the Dutch influence of the 1600s.